Monday, May 3, 2010

Meal Plan Monday - 5/3

So posting my week's menu has taught me one important thing... I over plan for the week! Each week I have scrapped 1-2 nights meals so we could clean out the left overs. It wouldn't be too frugal of me if we wasted food, now would it? So I have decided to designate Saturday as left over night. It might change, but we will see how it goes.

Okay, here is what I have planned for this week:
Monday: Dinner - Fettuccine Carbonara (recipe from Cook's Country), salad & applesauce
* home made pasta
* Reduced fat version uses evaporated milk and is supposed to be quick
Tuesday: Dinner - Spaghetti Night
* home made pasta
* home made marinara sauce
Wednesday: Dinner - Baked Potatoes & Steamed Broccoli
Thursday: Lentil Soup & Fresh Baked rolls (roll recipe from Cook's Country)
Friday: Dinner - Poached chicken, Harvest Grains Blend (Trader Joe's) & pumpkin soup
Saturday: Dinner - Leftovers
Sunday: Dinner - Mother's Day (TBA)

* Don't forget to enter my current giveaways. The last two end tonight at midnight: Zestra Sample Giveaway (3 winners!) Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Cookbook
$25 Amazon GC
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!