Thursday, June 3, 2010

What is Wrong With Us?

Has it ever happened to you? ... NO ONE else seems to have a problem? Seemed like my DH & I were missing something. Surely a child's toy could not defeat us...

Oh, it came close...

After experiencing my DH attacking a non-cooperative plastic part with a mallet I decided to totally girl out and check the instructions for myself. Sadly, after checking and rechecking the diagrams and watching the instructional video on putting together our Cozy Coupe, I was no closer to getting the pieces in. So, I called customer service.



Not only was I connected quickly, but was assured that yes, it looked easy in the video but he is a pro. My customer service person was kind enough to let me know she has put the Coupe together herself and offered us a few tips.

*Get a hair dryer handy to heat up the end piece
*try butter as a lubricant
*It will go together - Okay, we were skeptical at this point!



Once heated and lubricated it fit together. I was a little disappointed that it had been so difficult to assemble, but Little Tikes' customer service was so fabulous I wasn't unhappy. Also, seeing my son's face beaming in his new Cozy Coupe was enough to help me forget the hours & frustration with a few silly parts.

And if you are curious, my DH had a good laugh later because he found fixing a tractor and my blender (remember my Kitchen-Aid fail?) easier than putting together his son's plastic toy car. He is quite handy... this was just a little out of the ordinary.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. We had a problem with the piece that you use to put the wheel on. I don't know what it is called, but you have to hammer it on and to get it off it is ruined!! Yeah the instructions were horrible on that, but going online helped. We didn't have to call customer service. You think they'd make the instructions better. You know they know its difficult since they sent the spare parts! Glad its together for you! WE love ours. And now you know for Coupe #2 and #3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! We have issues putting together kid toys too.

    matt4melis at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!