Friday, October 8, 2010

Aloha Friday - #34

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend.Friday used to be my friend, but today it signals the end of another week... that went by too quickly! But, I survived the week, so to celebrate! Let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...



Do You Have a Favorite Squash?


I know that Halloween has us all thinking of that famous orange sphere... the pumpkin. But, what about his close cousins? Where is the love for these versatile veggies? I have to say it is a toss up between Butternut and Spaghetti squash for a favorite in our house. Both will be featured several times a month until they are out of season. I have never played around with some of the larger squash such as Turban or Hubbard. This year though, I will be breaking out the axe! Stay tuned for some of my favorite recipes featuring a variety of squash. We have oodles of them growing in the fields right now.

What is your favorite kind of squash? Or is there one you can't stand?

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love butternut squash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like yellow squash, but I don't necessary go out of my way to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, I haven't really tried a lot of sqaush so I don't know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love butternut for making soup and I love spaghetti for baking and eating with marinara sauce and cheese! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all squash. I make a lot of soups from them as well as baking them. I have always been lucky to receive lots from friends and family with gardens but this year we had such a terrible growing season that I will have to be content to buy the ones at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!