Sunday, January 1, 2012

Heading Forward, But Looking Back..

2011 is now in the rear view mirror, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth reflecting on.

I began the year over 200 lbs. Yes. That is a big number. I found the person in the mirror looking back at me wasn't someone I recognized. So, I applied to be a Mamavation Mom (...*cough* twice) and eventually was whisked away into Bookieboo's Mamavation Bootcamp.

It shook me up, it spit me out, but I lost a bunch of weight. Great, right? Well, I failed to really change my habits. I couldn't sustain the pace set during the campaign. I learned a lot, but as the year went on the scale crept up again. Well, not quite as far. At the end of the year I joined the NSNation and am now doing Nutrisystem. I am a work in progress.

My daughter seemingly changed overnight from my sweet little darling to an opinionated 2-year old with amazing lung power! Oh, my. I know it won't last. I just hope it passes quickly.

My son finally took the potty training plunge. Oh, I have been trying for over a year... but this year the light bulb finally turned on. Now there is no going back and we are close (dare I say it?) to being diaper-less in the house.

I baked my way through 3 Wilton Cake Decorating classes. Loved them! It was just announced there will be a new 4th class and I can't wait to sign up. Check out my first two cakes, but my favorite was the gum paste and fondant Spring Cake.

Many meals and desserts were made, savored and recipes posted. When I found Pinterest my whole world changed! I started posting my food finds every Friday. Be sure to stop by and link up. What was your favorite?

And don't forget the farm. We had strawberries, carrots and the prune harvest. That is just a drop in the bucket of what we have going on around here.

It was a busy year and I expect 2012 will be even busier. If all goes well, I hope our family will be increasing and in preparation there is a lot to do. Be sure to come back and catch all the action.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Great Post!!! Looks like you had a great 2011 Hope 2012 is equally as wonderful!

    Come check out my post! http://our365days.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-dare-2012_02.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a year! Best of luck with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like an exciting year. I know when my daughter went into that stage... she has yet to come back out of it. We are going through this "I gotta fight you on everything" stage right now. Lil Miss has to see what she can get away with because of the New things she can do. When she started school, she became a "big" girl and was allowed to do things she normally didn't do as a "toddler". Boy, were we in for a surprise!!!

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!