Monday, March 25, 2013

This Cold Hit Hard, And This Mom Hit Back with Vicks DayQuil & NyQuil

Cold relief

Last week my kids started to act crankier than normal. I should have seen the downward spiral coming a mile away! We just missed catching the flu this year, but an early Spring cold hit our house hard. After nursing my little ones through runny noses, coughs and fitful nights' sleep this mama got sick herself.

I know. I took precautions, I tried hard to remind everyone to wash their hands, cough into their elbows and not share food or drinks. I also kept the kids out of the kitchen as much as possible and went around and cleaned door knobs, light switches and surfaces daily. But, after a few sleepless nights and the inevitable cough or sneeze straight to my face (aren't little kids great about that?) I caught the same germs and went down for the count.

Now, moms aren't given sick days. I can't crawl back in back and pull the covers over my head - even when I want to. Actually a nap is a rare occasion around here. Instead I stock my medicine cabinet with a healthy supply of Vicks NyQuil and DayQuil. If you are thinking, "do I see 3 bottles in there?" Yes, the answer is absolutely! Vicks NyQuil is a product I have relied on for years to help me get through a rough night when I have a cold or the flu.

NyQuil

This cold came with full body aches, a sore throat and lots of coughing! Being uncomfortable usually keeps me from a good night's sleep, so taking NyQuil insures that I will be comfortable to get the sleep my body desperately needs.

Vicks DayQuil

Of course, my symptoms were also present during the daytime. Feeling fatigued, coughing and battling a sore and itchy throat I turned to DayQuil for the non-drowsy relief I needed. Who has time to be sleepy when the kids are on the mend and whirling around the house like little tornadoes?

Vicks DayQuil is the #1 pharmacist recommended brand for adult cough/cold/flu relief and I know why. I appreciate that it relieves my symptoms without leaving me groggy or falling asleep.

This mom is happy to finally be on the mend. My house didn't fall apart around me and I stayed upright and productive. All of this is thanks in part to Vicks NyQuil and DayQuil which helped me over the worst of my Spring cold.

Remember, when using DayQuil/NyQuil be sure to follow the usage guidelines for warnings and dosage directions or visit http://www.vicks.com for more information.

*Disclaimer - I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Vicks DayQuil & NyQuil. I received product samples and a promotional item as a thank you for participating. All opinions and experiences are my own.
Andrea
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. We received these products as well, and I have to agree that they are great products! Nice photos by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyquil is the best this is my got o medicine when I am sick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be useless with a cold if I didn't have Dayquil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that sitting on my nightstand right now because I'm fighting something and if it turns into a cold, I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've taken it before, but can't stand the taste of Nyquil. I find it easier to take the capsules though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've always been fans of Nyquil particularly my husband. It's the only thing he'll take when sick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't live without Nyquil to help me get a good nights sleep when sick. It works consistently every time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always rely on Nyquil to help me get a good nights sleep when I'm sick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I realize this is sort of off-topic but I needed to ask.
    Does running a well-established blog like yours require a massive
    amount work? I am brand new to operating a blog but I do write
    in my diary daily. I'd like to start a blog so I can share my personal experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

    my page - diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!