Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hawaiian Pulled Pork Video and Sauce Recipe

I was sent products from Handi-Foil to facilitate my review and recipe. All opinions and experiences are my own.




Since my Game Day Hawaiian Pulled Pork post, it has become a requested meal in my house. Since it is such an easy recipe to put together, and a real crowd pleaser, I wanted to share the video recipe with you. From my kitchen to yours:


Making this recipe more regularly I knew I needed to figure out a good sauce recipe I could make myself. Other than the pineapple juice, it uses items already available in my pantry. It is much more cost effective to whip up a big batch of sauce for your family than to buy it by the jar.

My kids also love it tossed with their steamed veggies.


Hawaiian BBQ Sauce

You Will Need:
1/3 c. pineapple juice
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. liquid smoke
1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder

Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk while it comes up to a simmer. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. It can be dilluted with water or more pinapple juice if it seems too thick.

Remove from the heat and refrigerate until needed. Can be made up 2-3 days ahead of time.

Toss your vegetables or pulled pork in the BBQ Sauce for a delicious additon to dinner. Enjoy!

Connect with Eco-Foil on Facebook or check out the Handi-Foil website to browse their entire collection of pans.
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!