Friday, April 4, 2014

The Cutest No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars

 I am part of the Good Cook Blogger Program and received these products for review. All opinions and experiences are my own. #‎goodcookkitchenexprt‬


My husband is the reason behind many of many of the  peanut butter chocolate goodies I post. It just happens to be his favorite combination. I don't mind it either, and I am more than happy to help him out. 

With Easter goodies in stores I have purchased more than a few fun items, cupcake papers and sprinkles, etc. but this Spring Bark Mold from the Good Cook Sweet Creations line, is my favorite already. There are several great ideas that have been swirling around my brain for the past two weeks.

Silicone molds like this are fast becoming my new obsession. I have used them for jigglers, roll-out based cookies and even no-bake bar cookies. This mold is oven safe and holds 12 cups. I even think this would be fun to use with roll-out pizza dough!


My mold arrived just this week, but I already knew what I was going to make. The chocolate/peanut butter bug had already hit me for Easter and these no-bake bars would be so easy to whip up... presenting a great way to show off the cute patterns with the chocolate topping.


Start out by melting the butter and peanut butter in a small saucepan. Whisk till smooth.

Then I enlisted my little kitchen helper to go crazy on a ziplock bag full of graham crackers. With a rolling pin and meat mallet, she reduced them to the perfect fine crumb consistency. It worked out perfectly.


While my daughter was beating up on those crackers, I started melting the chocolate. With just a little bit of coconut oil, and a whole lot of patience, I melted my baking discs. Go for the best chocolate you can find. It will be worth it.

I was also sent this adorable silicone spatula. There is also a cute zigzag patterned spatula on the Good Cooks site you can order, plus other Sweet creations spring cookware tools. It is the perfect way to bring a little Spring into your kitchen.


And because the peanut butter was super soft (don't worry, it gets chilled before serving!) I topped my pan with rice puffs, pressed down gently with waxed paper and then popped them in the fridge for a half an hour.

The silicone pan and spatula wash up easily... yes, even when using melted chocolate. If you want to add either of these items to your Spring baking tools  (or do some other Good Cook shopping), you can get a 25% off coupon to goodcook.com for the Good Cook Sweet Creations. Use CODE: SpringFling.


See how adorable they came out?? The silicone pan works like a dream. My bars popped out in one big sheet and I just needed to run my knife through the bars. Never fear, the bars were scored... I just filled my pan all the way up to the rim so I had to cut through the peanut butter layer.


No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars

You Will Need:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
  • 1 c. smooth peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 c. graham crackers, crushed (1 pack of 9 crackers)
  • 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
  • 2 c. Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers
  • 1/4 tsp. coconut oil
  • 1 c. Rice Krispies cereal
In a small saucepan, melt the butter and peanut butter, stirring till the mixture is smooth. Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla. Set aside.

Add the melting wafers and coconut oil to a medium microwave safe bowl. Melt the wafers by heating at 15 to 20 second inervals at 60% power. Stir well in between heating. Stop before all the wafers have melted and stir till the chocolate is smooth. When it has started to cool, pour it into the mold and smooth out the top. Tap the mold gently on the counter to release any air bubbles. I did this a corner at a time.

In a ziplock bag crush the graham crackers with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Then add the powdered sugar to the bag and shake to mix. Empty contenct into a medium bowl and mix in the peanut butter mixture. Spread this over the top of the hardening chocolate mixture by the spoonful. Smooth the top and add the Rice Krispies. With a sheet of waxed paper, press the cereal down gently.

Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes. Store in the refigerator and serve chilled.

What would you make in the Spring Bark Mold from Good Cook?

Check out these other great recipes using the Good Cook Spring Bark Mold.

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!