Monday, April 26, 2010

Meal Plan Monday! - 4/26

Well, last week's meal plan was a big success! I over planned a bit and never got around to the Italian Restaurant Chicken or Lentil Soup recipes. We opted for leftovers on Sunday because we were all so busy. My DH was tilling berry rows & I was busy with the kiddos & working on my garden. I can't wait till the veggies & fruit start to roll in for the year.

So, our top 2 favortites were definitely the quesadillas with fresh tortillas. I even had two left over that we used for breakfast burritos. Yum! My tip for the making thin, even and round tortillas would be to use wax paper to roll them out. Below is my DH and son... DH is proudly showing his quesadilla wedge and my son is showing off an olive. His dinner was made with a PKU friendly tortilla from Cambridge Foods.

And the fresh pizza with leek & mushrooms was a big hit with my DH. I will be making that again. The smell of the crust with those fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme & oregano) was amazing!


Okay, here is what I have planned for this week:
Monday: Dinner - Italian Chicken (from Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms -Win a Copy!)
Tuesday: Dinner - Spaghetti Night
* home made pasta (standard recipe will be posted, I promise to do it this week!)
* home made marinara sauce (will be posted)
Wednesday: Dinner - Oyakodon (Japanese chicken & egg over rice - I will try to get this recipe up)
Thursday: Dinner - Fettuccine Carbonara (recipe from Cook's Country)
* home made pasta
* Reduced fat version uses evaporated milk and is supposed to be quick
Friday: Dinner - Lentil Soup & Fresh Baked Breadsticks
Saturday: Dinner - Baked potatoes & steamed broccoli
Sunday: Dinner - Probably Sunday dinner with family (TBA)

* Don't forget to enter my current giveaways: Zestra Sample Giveaway (3 winners!) Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Cookbook
$25 Amazon GC
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. mmmm dinner sounds good at your house :D I am trying to put a recipie book together so that we can start planning our dinners ahead a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week of meals. I will be looking for the recipes! :) Email me if you are interested in being a featured chef at Between the Lines. (www.betweenthelines-kel.com). This week will be my first time featuring a blogger and I would love to add you into the line up. If you are interested I can give you more details over email! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Bummer. Kel, your email isn't public so can't email you. I will try to leave a comment on your site. I am interested. Hope to catch you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so refreshing to see mom's IN the kitchen cooking! So many kids these days think that food comes from a box or a can. Cooking is so much apart of our heritage and I love to see Mom's digging into their herb gardens and making healthy meals for their children and carrying on the legacy when there are so many bad examples of food everywhere. Congrats to you Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!